Check them out here!
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Monday, January 25, 2010
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Affinity is a early architectural design application that's strengths lie in programming, space planning and schematic design. Affinity can run stand alone or linked with Revit (bi-directional link). For more on this go to the Revit and Affinity page.
We had around 20 in attendance today including architects, engineers and contractors. Larry did an excellent job explaining the software and then doing a live presentation which included working in both in Affinity and Revit and syncing any changes between the two applications.
A few of the cool things I picked up today were:
- Affinity can leverage Sketchup for creating and modifying the "footprint" of your model which then updates in Affinity.
- Affinity symbols can link to Revit families.
- As Revit's API is opened more with each release, Affinity plans a more seamless "sync" as data changes. This seamless sync already occurs in Affinity, but will be further integrated with Revit as the API opens. (it's not a big deal, but you may have to hit the "refresh" button... currently)
- Start in Revit, then create the Affinity project
- Start in Affinity, then automatically populate a Revit model.
- Start in Revit (using Excel for programming), then combine both in Affinity
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Check it out!
Remember, you can also subscribe to our posts and be notified via email when a new tip is avaialble for viewing.
Let’s bring things into focus by increasing the magnification of the screen!
There are a couple ways to accomplish this.
- Use the scroll bar or drop down to increase/decrease the zoom percentage. All applications are similar in concept, but you may access the tool in a different way.
- Hold down the "Control"
key and roll the wheel in/out on your mouse. The zoom percentage noted above will also reflect this change, so getting back to 100% is pretty easy!
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
InPro is launching a BIM library for their line of products. As part of their marketing effort, you have the chance of winning a 2011 Harley-Davidson® Heritage Softail® Motorcycle!
Go here to register for the bike!
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Monday, January 11, 2010